Case Study: Snowy Hydro 2.0 – Tantangara Excavations
Symal is a tier 2 Melbourne based civil engineering contractor specialising in bridges, civil infrastructure and land development. Symal was subcontracted by Future Generation (a joint venture between Webuild and Clough to deliver Snowy 2.0) to construct various civil works at the Tantangara site.
Symal required commercial claims and cost engineering services to improve the overall financial position of previously certified payment claims. Project specific requirements included:
- Assessment of current subcontract conditions, entitlements and obligations.
- Review of existing site data, volumetrics and time-motion based.
- Provide independent and quantified position for claim improvement.
- Limited access to project team and site members for data verification and analysis
- Difficult contract conditions and claim positioning based on previously submitted data.
- Distressed project with limited budget, time constraints and dynamic project team environment.
Dreyfus Advisory’s approach included –
- Detailed and analytical overview of existing data and claims to date
- Review of existing contractual terms and conditions
- Conducted delay and disruption analysis of program and site works.
- Working collaboratively with Symal’s project team and senior management
- Produced detail commercial strategy, responses and arguments for submission.
As a result of Dreyfus Advisory’s services Symal was able to:
- Commercially and financially improve the project outcome.
- Close and amicably resolve stagnant project issues in a positive direction with the client.
- Highlighted further contractual entitlements Symal beyond the existing issues.